Most lightweight wheelchairs are folding wheelchairs or can be broken down into pieces for transport. Although some of the travel wheelchairs that have batteries may be heavier than manual ultra light wheelchairs, they are still light enough in weight to be lifted into the trunk of a car for transport. Since the battery is smaller in size than an average powered wheelchair, travel wheelchairs that are motorized can generally only make it about before the battery needs to be charged.
Karma Travel Wheelchair KM TV 20.2:
Karma Travel Wheelchair KM TV 20.2 - 606 T-6 aircraft-grade aluminum-alloy frame provides incredible strength. Easy-to-fold in three seconds.
Ultra Lightweight Wheelchair:
Its compact design and feather light weight makes it suitable for people on the go.
Ultra Lightweight Wheelchair Specifications:
- Frame Style : Fold able
- Frame Material : Aluminium (Light weight)
- Rear wheel to wheel width in open position (inches) : 20"
- Handle to Handle : 16"
- Seat Width (inches): 13"
- Rear Wheel Size: 7"
- Front Wheel Size: 5"
- Seat to floor height (inches): 19"
- Seat Depth (inches): 13"
- Back height (inches): 16"
- Total height (inches): 35"
- Max User Weight Capacity (kg s): 80 k.g.
- Net Weight (kg s): 8.5 k.g.
- Upholstery: Cloth look like, washable
- Armrest: Flip up, for easy transfer to bed
- Leg rest: Flip up footplate
- Wheel Quality: Tear resistant polyurethane wheels
- Rear Wheel Lock: Yes
- Hand brakes: Yes
- Drop back handle: Yes
Some lightweight mobility chairs feature adjustable frames, which allow to change the angle of the seat back to achieve several different seating positions.
Lightweight wheel chairs with desk-length armrests enable users to sit closer to a table or desk; while, full-length armrests provide complete support of the arms.
Most models come with removable swing-away footrests that enable easy transferring and provide leg support while the user is seated. Typically, swing-away footrests cannot be raised or lowered. Optional leg rests feature calf pads that provide support and elevate each leg to the desired position.